Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Leisure by Katie Hastings


This is a picture of my spot on a very secluded beach in Sicily this summer.  This picture represents my day at the beach where I could do what I wanted and not be disturbed by anyone. I didn't have any phone calls to answer or emails to reply to, I just had a good book and the gorgeous ocean to occupy my time. To me this day was the epitome of leisure. Leisure is time in which you choose to do something that pleases you. Whether it be reading a book, listening to music, swimming, or simply laying out in the sun. The key to this definition is the fact that you chose to do it over working or doing something that was for the pleasure of others.  In a nutshell, I believe leisure is time that one lives for oneself, and no one else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment